All relationships are not created equally, unfortunately. Since LGBT relationships, or even unmarried opposite sex relationships are not always protected under state and federal law, these individuals and families require unique planning in order to protect them and their families. In choosing a law firm to represent you and your family, it is imperative that they understand these unique needs and the protections that can be put into place to protect you and your loved ones.
We offer a comfortable setting, and a confidential, intelligent and caring approach to the unique needs of the LGBT community. We are committed to equality and justice, and advocate for understanding and support of the special challenges LGBT citizens face. We have extensive experience guiding our clients through the rapid changes in federal and state law. And, we focus on the broad range of legal issues that continue to affect our community today and tomorrow.
As LGBT individuals, couples and families, it is essential that you understand and take advantage of all of the legal supports available to you. As you form a relationship, establish a family, acquire and transfer assets, you want to protect yourself, your property and your loved ones. If it happens that a relationship doesn't last, trusted and caring legal counsel can represent your interests and reduce the trauma.
At Heritage Legal, PC, our services provide effective, practical solutions in these areas for the LGBT community:
- Estate Planning -- Wills, Living Trusts, Powers of Attorney, Advance Health Care Directives, Special Needs Trusts, Pet Trusts, and other plans and protections for you and your family.
- Probate and Trust Administration.
- Pre and Post-Marital and Registered Domestic Partner Agreements.
- Second-Parent Adoption.
- Name Change.
- Dissolution (divorce) of Marriage and/or Registered Domestic Partnership.
- Palimony (Marvin Actions).
- Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy.